Friday, October 14, 2016

Our Creation Story



Hi Beauties,

Since we are going to be spending so much time together, we thought it would be fun if we shared how this bad ass friendship came about. Our husbands met and fell in bro love, and they wanted us to meet as well. Christie and I would love to tell you guys that there was an instant connection between us as well...but there wasn't. This is our creation story.



Christie: One Saturday morning in July my husband called home and said one of our customers and his wife were having a birthday party for their little girl. I discovered two thing during this phone conversation; their daughter was the same age as our youngest, three.

Leigh: No she wasn't. She was only two when we meet. 

Christie: Really?

Leigh: Yes.

Christie: Oh, okay. Well, then they were two at that time. And the second discovery was that they only lived two blocks away. Me being the spontaneous person that I am, said sure let's go! I was going to meet the wife and daughter, and eat cake. 

Leigh: It was cupcakes. I made cupcakes. 

Christie: {Eye rolling} Anyway, I loaded my four kids into our red neck golf cart and headed out to meet my husband at their house. 

Leigh: You brought wine. 

Christie: I did?

Leigh: Oh yeah. I remember that well. I drank it after you left. It was delicious, thanks. 

Christie: When I drove up in our golf cart-

Leigh: It was loud. That thing was loud as hell. And you had so many kids piled in there. 

Christie: Yeah, I have a lot of kids. Do you remember when they saw the slide and they started falling out of the cart? Were you there for that? Did you see it? All your friends did.

Leigh: Yeah. I saw it. I thought you rounded up a bunch of neighborhood kids and brought them to my house. 

                                                         
Four of those kids are Christie's and one is mine. 


 Christie: {cracking up} Our actual introduction? There was nothing. No sparks, no wow moment. Are we are going to be fast friends? Nope. I came, I stayed a while, I went home and opened a bottle of Merlot.  

Leigh: I didn't think you drank! My husband told me he didn't think you drank. I was uncomfortable around you because I was buzzed as hell at my kids 2nd birthday party, and well, because people who don't drink make me uncomfortable. 

Christie: I didn't even know your husband until that party.

Leigh: He said he met you for like two minutes when he went over to look at some four wheeler your husband had. He was gone until one o'clock in the morning. I thought he ran away. 

Christie: {Shrugs} I don't remember that at all. Either way, fast forward two weeks. Our husbands put together a double date night. It's dinner out and I get a sitter. Lets go! We decided on a Mexican restaurant in town and my husband and I meet them in the courtyard-

Leigh: Wait, we didn't-

Christie: The wives say, hi-

Leigh: No! We didn't. We didn't meet there, you guys came to our house. We rode together. You don't remember that?

Christie: What? Really?

Leigh: Yes. You were wearing that dress and I told you you looked pretty. 

Christie: I don't remember that. But...okay. Well, we all sit down to eat and the waiter comes to take our drink order. Leigh and I order the white wine sangria and my husband orders a beer. Leigh's husband orders a beer, a shot, and beer chaser. The look on Leigh's face was priceless, she was mumbling something to her husband-

Leigh: I said "What the fuck? I just me these people-

Christie: But then my husband piped up and said he'd have the same. I looked up from my menu straight into Leigh's eyes, and the look I gave her said everything I couldn't say out loud. And she got my message loud and clear. BAM! We had that wow moment. Things just got better from there, we shut the bar down {9:00 pm, we live in a small town} exchanged numbers and called it a night.

Perfect picture of the four of us.
Christie's husband is the finger, and Leigh's is the tongue.
Wait. Is that okay to say?


Leigh: What? No we didn't. Remember we came back to my house and your husband crashed through that door in the garage?

Christie: Did we? He did what? Oh yeah, we were standing in the kitchen.

Leigh: You know what? You need to leave all the remembering stuff to me. My iron isn't low like yours. My memory is stellar comparison. Yes. We came home, the guys were wasted, your guy broke shit in my house. And you and I kept drinking.

Christie: That's what having four kids does to my brain. Didn't' we ended up sitting on the couch watching them play ping pong and talking about rescuing animals?

Leigh: Yes, congrats. You finally remembered something correctly. Holy balls. 

Christie: {Sighing} Three years later, we are in it to win it. We give each other much support, our husbands work long hours so we lean on one another to help with kids and "toiletries" {yes, when one of us runs out and haven't made it to the store...we run a roll over}

Leigh: It's usually me. I never have toilet paper. 

Spot. On. As you can see, we're in a bathroom.


The End. 

The Beginning... And this is the start of why we created Wine Colored glasses. 
We are the best of friends, who have other best friends. And we will share with you our stories and their stories as well. We think its going to be fresh and fun. We hope you will keep up with us, as we raise our wine glass {filled with water or wine, or maybe even something stronger...} We are just like you. We live, we love, we make mistakes, we learn everyday. Most importantly, we are all in this life together. 

Cheers,
Christie and Leigh

2 comments:

  1. I only know one of you and i love both of you!! I can "hear" this conversation loud and clear....and is low iron why i cant remember a damn thing? Can i use that?? I will use that...
    Excited for you both!!
    My glass is full...cheers my ladies!!

    ReplyDelete